Chicago Public Schools
‘Are we going to school?’: What Chicago’s abrupt shutdown looks like for students, parents, educators
In mere days, the lives of Chicago educators, students, and families have been upended. Here are their stories.
Amid the pandemic, Chicago set out to rein in transfers of some of its most vulnerable students from traditional high schools to alternative campuses.
The COVID-19 outbreak is changing our daily reality
Chalkbeat is a nonprofit newsroom dedicated to providing the information families and educators need, but this kind of work isn't possible without your help.
Find your next education job.
- Peak to Peak Charter School: Executive Director of Education
- Poudre School District: Integrated Services Director (Poudre School District)
- Poudre School District: Chief Human Resources Office (Poudre School District)
- Englewood Public Schools: Affective Needs Teacher
- Aurora Public Schools: Executive Director of Student Success